Sign up: https://goo.gl/forms/8DxDxA36M6f0cbco1
Massachusetts is at the forefront of climate policy, with an opportunity to lead the nation in implementing carbon pricing legislation.
Experts across the political spectrum agree that putting a fee on carbon pollution is
the most cost-effective way to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, incentivizing a flexible shift toward clean energy. Right now, two bills moving through the Massachusetts state legislature could bring carbon pricing to our state.
Come join MIT Climate Action for a panel discussion on climate policy and carbon pricing in Massachusetts, featuring leading voices on the issue from politics and academia. Bertucci's pizza will be served at a reception following the talk. Our panelists are:
* Sen. Michael Barrett, author of MA carbon pricing bill
* Rep. Jennifer Benson, author of MA carbon pricing bill
* Prof. John Reilly, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research
* Prof. Christopher Knittel, MIT Sloan economics
* Dr. Marc Breslow, research and policy director for Climate XChange
* Prof. Janelle Knox-Hayes, MIT urban studies and planning
See you there!